SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2500 DIFFERENTLY ABLED STUDENTS
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation have advertised an advertisement for NHFDC Scholarship Disabled Students. Online application forms are invited from students with disabilities for award of scholarship under scholarship scheme of Trust Fund. Scholarship will be awarded to differently-abled students to enable them to pursue Graduate Degree / Post Graduate Level Professional and Technical Courses from recognized Institutes in India.
Number of Scholarships: To start with every year 2500 scholarships will be provided to the differently-abled students throughout the country. 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates.
These scholarships will be available for studies in India, for all differently-abled students who are covered under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 and the National Trust for the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities Act, 1999. Only Indian Nationals will be eligible for scholarships.
Application in enclosed prescribed format shall be submitted at any time during an academic year to the assigned agency. An advance copy of the application should also be submitted on line. Each applicant shall be given a registration number on receipt of the application. The screening committee shall examine these applications quarterly and the scholarship amount will be disbursed. Renewal of the scholarship is in next year subject to successful completion of the course in the previous year. However, grace period shall be admissible for Girl Students and Students failing in category C-4 is of two years and for all other categories is for one year w.e.f. the academic year 2014-15.
Along with the application the following enclosures will have to be furnished:
- Academic record – attested copies of relevant certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying examination.
- Proof of annual income - Proof of income shall include last salary slip of parent/guardian, acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate e from revenue official/gazetted officer/public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials etc.;
- Attested copy of Disability certificate;
- Course fee receipt if any, duly paid during the academic session;
- Receipt/Invoice of eligible assistive devices duly countersigned by the authorized signatory of the institution;
- Attested copy of Aadhar Card
- In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, a copy of the mark sheet of the preceding year.
Last Date for application: 2017 June 30
For more details and online application: http://www.nhfdc.nic.in/scholarship.html